Information Technology (IT) teams were recently recognized during the 20th Annual TribalNet Conference and Tradeshow in Nashville, TN. TribalNet has been officially recognizing IT teams for exemplary work since 2008. Such recognition has become a long-standing tradition and one that marks a high level of prestige.
Since opening their replacement Casino and Resort, Soboba has received multiple awards for their IT infrastructure which has been spearheaded by leading IT provider Synergy Information Solutions and their architectural & engineering professionals.
Working closely with the implementation teams at Synergy, Soboba was able to revolutionize their environment with state-of-the-art technology and engineering. Some of the most important features provided by the Synergy team are as follows:
- Operational migration from existing casino to new casino with zero infrastructure downtime.
- Secure Network Access across the entire enterprise using identity management to authorize wired and wireless endpoints and assign them to the correct network.
- Deployed VDI endpoints to a vast majority of the enterprise which allows users to “pick their seats” while having their virtual workstations brought to them anywhere they login using the persistent desktop feature.
- Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) combining datacenter hardware using local storage resources. Whether you need to scale up or scale out, HCI is able to create extensible building blocks that replace legacy infrastructure consisting of separate servers, storage networks, and storage arrays.
- Deployment of “location aware” WiFi with over 700 Access Points sprawling the property allowing to accommodate location tracking of employees, patrons and assets.
- Secure Slot Floor with alerts sent to IT staff immediately upon failed authorization allowing for rapid assessment.
- Specified, ordered, and configured all devices according to Synergy’s Greenfield Datacenter Design that was architected in-house to fully optimize workflow while placing security at the forefront.
- Operated as a single point of contact for Information Technology related items during new Casino/Resort construction.
The Synergy and Soboba IT teams matched all of the tribal leadership initiatives with innovative technology that they believe will continue to serve the tribal members for years to come. Steven Nino, CIO at Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians, had this to say in response to the award,
“I am delighted to receive this prestigious 2019 TribalNet Industry Award. This recognition speaks volumes for the efforts that we make to understand our stakeholders and deliver business/stakeholder satisfaction by using key technology partnerships such as Synergy Information Solutions to build our infrastructure. As a tribal government and gaming/hospitality facility, our IT infrastructure and digital transformation efforts are key to the success of our gaming and hospitality business along with our government initiatives geared to help build a long-term future for Soboba.”